Lecturer in Computing
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer in Computing to become a key member of our Computing department.
As a Lecturer in Computing, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing subject specialisms on a range of courses and levels.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
- Undertaking course administration as necessary.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments within the Programme Area regarding curriculum and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities for the Programme Area.
Our ideal candidates will have Ability to teach subjects in some of the following areas: Networking, Operating Systems, Computer Systems and knowledge of current developments in own specialist area, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in a computing related topic or considerable work experience in the key subjects
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
18.5 hours per week (0.5 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
392.2 hours holiday per annum, pro rata
Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.