Teacher / Lecturer in Counselling
- Hours of work: 14.8 hours per week
- Working pattern: Tuesday and Thursday, includes evening classes 3.30pm - 9.00pm
- Unqualified salary: £10,253 - £10,870 per annum (actual salary for 14.8 hours per week)
Qualified salary: £11,876 - £13,363 per annum (actual salary for 14.8 hours per week)
- Location: Wakefield City Campus
We have an exciting opportunity for a Teacher / Lecturer in Counselling to join our dedicated and enthusiastic Counselling department, where you will benefit from a very supportive team of specialists.
If you are passionate about counselling and have a passion for training effective and committed counsellors for the clients of tomorrow, then this job is perfect for you.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Counselling, you will teach Counselling up to and including the Level 4 Diploma. You will contribute to the provision of an excellent learner experience to students on those courses, including retention of the students and the achievement of their qualifications.
We are looking for a qualified counsellor who is enthusiastic, well organised and has drive to develop knowledge, dedication, and passion for counselling. You will provide excellent teaching and learning to support our students to grow and develop as individuals and achieve their full potential.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Counselling, you should:
- Hold a Level 5 Diploma in Counselling or above (Qualified Counsellor status)
- Hold BACP Membership
- Hold GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Have experience of teaching or training adults
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the principles of teaching, learning and assessment
- The ability to plan, deliver, assess, and evaluate teaching and learning activities effectively
- A track record of good success rates in teaching and learning
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave (pro rata for part time) + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets, and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Thursday 21 October 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.