Associate Lecturer - HE (Animal Science and Agriculture )
We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for an Associate Lecturer in HE to become a key member of our Land and Environment department.
As an Associate Lecturer, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing on higher education programmes in animal science and agriculture and delivery of BSc (hons) unit ‘environment and climate change’ within animal and agricultural contexts.
- Undertaking course administration as necessary.
- Contributing to developments within the Programme Area/Centre.
- Contributing to curriculum development and course leadership where appropriate.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience and knowledge of environmental issues in agriculture and animal sciences and experience of working constructively to achieve team objectives and deadlines, alongside the following qualifications:
- Masters Degree in Environmental science / Agriculture / Animal Science or similar.
- Degree in Environmental science / Agriculture / Animal Science or similar.
- GSCE Maths and English (grades A – C) or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
Associates work on a short term basis as assigned. They teach or provide support services and they work with and are supported by core staff. As an Associate you will be issued with an Associate agreement, under this Agreement period you will be eligible to work on assignments offered to you.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.