Associate - Employment Assistant
We have an opportunity based at our Bedford campus for an Associate Employment Assistant to become part of our Additional Learning Support department.
As a Employment Assistant you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing support within the work place for students with Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities.
- Assisting the Employment Co-ordinator to set-up, maintain and review work placements.
- Providing overall care of the student and enable them to access the college facilities and develop independence within the wider community.
- Being an active member of the Foundation Team and to assist in the development of individual programmes and the assessment of student progress.
Our ideal candidates will have working knowledge of Learner Support post 16 and experience of working with students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities, alongside the following qualifications:
- Learner Support Level 2
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
Associate Hourly Paid workers, work on an hourly paid basis, the current requirement for this post is 39 hours per week, but hours under this agreement are not guaranteed.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct the majority of our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.