Casual & FTC Estates Operative(s)
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College – one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for Casual & FTC Estates Operatives for our Hinckley Campus - multi-site working may be required at times at another locations.
Requirements for the role:
- Flexibility in working hours and preparedness to work alternating shifts.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with students, staff and visitors to the College.
- Willing to travel/work across all College Campus locations when required.
Responsibilities for the role:
- To provide a locking / unlocking, security service and to patrol regularly internal and external areas and to lock unattended rooms, extinguishing lights and closing windows.
- To operate the Fire Alarm, Intruder Alarms and Closed Circuit Television Systems and to respond to alarm call outs as required.
- To patrol regularly internally and externally and to assist the Duty Officer, College Managers, Student Liaison staff and Reception staff.
- To meet and greet 3rd Party contractors to site and carry out site inductions.
- To be competent to undertake statutory compliance tasks and record accordingly on the relevant systems.
- To undertake minor general maintenance tasks as reported via the Estates Helpdesk system
- Carry out any ADHOC tasks as they arise to assist the Estates team.
The Location: Hinckley Campus, multi-site working may be required at times at another locations.
Why Should You Apply?
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Our College welcomes staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds, and our College values promote respect for those of all races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We recognise that diversity and difference brings richness to our College. Being inclusive and enabling people to thrive and give their best is essential to our College and in us being able to deliver the best possible services to the communities we serve.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and offer flexible working opportunities including family friendly policies and procedures.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for all roles at the College.
What we do
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College (NWSLC) is a large Further Education college offering a wide range of full-time, part-time, Higher Education and Apprenticeship programmes over six campuses based within Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
The College also works with over 600 businesses across a wide range of sectors – working with organisations to determine their ‘training needs analysis’. We then design a programme to match your (the employer’s) requirements.
At the heart of our college community sits a set of values:
- Respect and Nurture
- Inspire and Aspire
- Be Agile and Responsive
- Be Honest and Accountable
These values shape and guide how we behave. The generosity, care and compassion of our staff and students are reflected in our support for many charities as well as in the work we do within our local communities.