Course Manager in Uniformed Public Services
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Course Manager in Uniformed Public Services to become a key member of our Uniformed Public Services department.
As a Course Manager in Uniformed Public Services, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of further education courses within the Uniformed Public Services Department, in line with College policies and procedure as directed by the Head of Department.
- Disseminating updated information and course specifications ensuring that awarding organisation requirements are met i.e. awarding organisation registrations.
- Liaising with the course team and relevant staff to ensure that all students are enrolled and follow a designated study programme which meets current timetabling policy rules.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of teaching and assessing on a range of Uniformed Public Services programmes and adapting approaches accordingly and experience of consistently providing a high-quality learning experience for all students at both FE & HE, alongside the following qualifications:
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
- Relevant Level 3 or above qualification
- Safeguarding training
- Equality and Diversity training
- PGCE/CertEd or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
392.2 hours holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.