Sixth Form Programme Manager – English and Humanities (LCC2972)
- Full Time
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
Leeds Sixth Form College prides itself on its students’ journeys to success. It is driven by hard work and the strong belief that every student has the capacity to excel, regardless of their background. Leeds Sixth Form College offers a range of A level subjects and GCSEs and is committed to providing an exceptional experience, with outcomes to match. We are looking for an outstanding candidate to support the management team. Candidates will need to be able to teach English at GCSE and A level. We can offer you: The opportunity to teach your subject specialism at Level 3 to our fantastic learners who are; bright, curious, motivated and engaging young people; A focus on staff well being and professional development; A supportive and inclusive learning environment in the heart of the thriving Leeds city center.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead activities to ensure effective planning, preparation & development of schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching & learning resources including the development of on-line learning resources for identified courses is being undertaken.
- Ensure effective delivery of sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods, for identified courses.
- Lead and manage the development & employment of assessment activities for identified courses.
- Lead and manage the assessment of student work, feedback to help learners improve & record learner’s progress for identified courses. Lead and manage the creation of targets, recording & monitoring of progress against them.
- Implement interventions where needed for identified courses.
- Lead and manage quality assurance processes.
- Inform the review process to develop & improve identified course(s).
- Be responsible for the retention, achievement, success & attendance for identified courses.
- Build positive relationships with learners & provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
- Contribute to the marketing of courses, learner I.A.G & enrollment processes.
- Participate in student recruitment activities, including interviews and open evenings.
- Participate, as appropriate, in the College’s examination process.
- Conduct first stage student disciplinaries.
- Ensure that effective Induction programs are in place for learners.
- You will be required to teach A Level English and GCSE English as part of the role.
- Holds a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE)
- Relevant highest level vocational qualification or degree in teaching subject in English.
- Relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent delivery in the Further Education or school sector.
- Extensive experience, knowledge and skills to enable delivery of a range of levels across the curriculum, which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles.
- Experience of positively managing student and group progression, advice and guidance in a school or Further Education setting, with positive outcomes.
- Experience of supervising/managing staff to ensure high performance.
- Substantial experience of undertaking internal verification and moderation activities.
- Proven commitment to continuous professional development.
- Ability to plan and deliver quality teaching across identified cohorts and ensure consistency of high delivery within teams.
- Ability to lead activities in the development and delivery of strategies to improve retention, achievement, success and attendance rates for groups of learners.
- Effective management skills to ensure high performance from a range of individuals.
- Exceptional verbal /written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide productive insight into the review process and development of identified courses.
- Excellent organisational skills, to ensure deadlines are met and progress in achieving results from learners and team members.
- Ability to make sense of complex issues, identify and solve problems and to think on one’s feet.
- Commitment to the College’s support and promotion of Equality and Diversity.
- Committed to child protection and the promotion of a safe environment for children and young people to learn in.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.