Sixth Form Lecturer Art and Textiles (LCC2975)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
Leeds Sixth Form College prides itself on its students' journeys to success. It is driven by hard work and the strong belief that every student has the capacity to excel, regardless of their background. Leeds Sixth Form College offers a range of A level subjects and is committed to providing an exceptional experience, with outcomes to match. We are looking for an outstanding candidate to support the management team. Candidates will need to be able to teach Art and Textiles A level.
We can offer you: The opportunity to teach your subject specialism at Level 3 to our fantastic learners who are; bright, curious, motivated and engaging young people; A focus on staff wellbeing and professional development; A supportive and inclusive learning environment in the heart of the thriving Leeds city center.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for retention, achievement, value added and attendance rates for identified cohorts.
- Responsible for developing new units, modules and courses in line with government policy, awarding organisation developments and student demand as well as local community, economic and employer requirements.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Be responsible for recording student progress.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximize their effectiveness, including through the use of technology.
- Plan, prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of on-line learning resources for identified modules.
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- Develop and employ effective assessment activities for identified modules.
- Assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules.
- Create SMART targets, record and monitor progress against them.
- Implement positive interventions where needed, for students undertaking identified modules.
- Apply theoretical understanding of effective practice in teaching, learning and assessment drawing on research and other evidence.
- Consider and employ the most effective delivery methods, including blended learning and technology enhanced learning.
- Carry out internal verification duties in line with quality assurance processes.
- Undertake review processes to develop and improve identified course(s).
- Implement evidence-based strategies to ensure high levels of retention, achievement, success and attendance for identified cohorts.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with learners and provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
- Contribute to the marketing of courses, learner IAG and enrollment processes.
- Participate in student recruitment activities including, interviews and open evenings.
- Maintain and actively engage in quality and professional standards.
- Participate, as appropriate, in the College’s examination process.
- Ensure that effective Induction programs are delivered for learners.
- Holds a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE)
- Relevant highest level vocational qualification or degree in teaching subject in Art and Textiles.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.