Teacher of Drama
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford Sixth Form campus for a Teacher of Drama to become a key member of our Bedford Sixth Form Teaching department.
As a Teacher of Drama, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Helping students develop their skills and reach their maximum potential through the delivery of courses and contributing to the development of Sixth Form curriculum and student experience.
- Undertaking an agreed teaching commitment that develops students’ knowledge, skills and understanding.
- Enthusing, engaging and motivating students to learn and foster their curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Planning, preparing and delivering a range of lessons maintaining a high-quality learning environment.
Our ideal candidates will have current experience of teaching A Level / GCSE in relevant subject(s) and experience of teaching in a Sixth Form or FE College environment with students 16 – 18 year olds, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant subject
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
Candidates with second subject of English is desirable
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
Starting in January 2022
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
466.2 hours holiday, inclusive of public holidays per annum
Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.