Learning Assistant - Supported Education
We are one of the largest partners of the University of the Highlands and Islands, a partnership of 13 colleges and research institutions comprising Scotland’s newest university.
As the UK’s leading tertiary education provider, we deliver both further education and higher education courses and that makes us different from traditional institutions. Through an innovative approach to learning and some of the best online learning technologies, we offer our students the complete learner journey, where they have choice and flexibility to study from access level right through to PhD.
Inverness College UHI is at the heart of the community. Working closely with businesses and stakeholders, our curriculum and research capacity is designed to meet the ever-evolving needs of industry and support the strengths and ambitions of the region. Through a personalised approach, we help our students discover their right path, providing them with a combination of qualification and job-ready skills to succeed in the workplace. Inverness College UHI has locations at Inverness Campus and also the Scottish School of Forestry (Balloch), a growing hub for research, innovation and enterprise set within a 215 acre site.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated member of staff to work with us as a Learning Assistant on a permanent basis. You will work within our Supported Education department to assist students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities both in the learning process and in other aspects of college life.
- Support students with their learning activities that take place at the college and also on educational visits off campus
- Work closely with lecturers to make sure students enjoy learning in a safe and caring setting
- Undertake administrative tasks, such as preparing learning materials, record keeping and making contact with parents/carers and other agencies that work with our students
- Ability to demonstrate empathetic approach to the needs of others
- Ability to assist students to access the curriculum and support them to build skills in independence
- Ability to work with other staff to prepare and adapt learning materials to meet the needs of students
- Ability to promote positive behaviour in others and confidence to tackle inappropriate behaviour
- Ability to work within a team and to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
Please note: the successful post holder will need to pass a satisfactory PVG Scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland prior to commencing employment.
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 29th September 2021
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 30th September
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 5th and Thursday 7th October 2021 (afternoons)
For informal queries regarding this post, please contact Inverness College UHI Recruitment team on Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org or 01463 273210
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.