Lecturer in Carpentry and Joinery
We have a great opportunity based across our Corby and Wellingborough campus for a Lecturer in Carpentry and Joinery to become a key member of our Construction department.
As a Lecturer in Carpentry and Joinery, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing subject specialisms on a range of courses, specifically focussing on Carpentry/Joinery to Level 3
- Undertaking course administration as necessary.
- Leading and contributing to curriculum developments within the Programme Area/Centre.
- Carrying out course leadership duties where appropriate.
Our ideal candidates will have successful experience as a teacher in an FE environment, particularly carpentry and joinery to level 3 and evidence of high performance in previous roles/jobs, alongside the following qualifications:
- Carpentry/Joinery Advanced Craft / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Stage 3 teaching qualification (Cert. Ed/ PGCE or equivalent)
- Willingness to achieve Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent if not already held.
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Willingness to work towards Assessor/Verifier qualifications (A1/V1) if not already held.
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
392.2 hours holiday per annum,
Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.