Trainee Lecturer/Lecturer in Plumbing and Heating
We have a great opportunity based at our Corby and Wellingborough campuses for a Lecturer in Plumbing and Heating to become a key member of our department.
As a Lecturer in Plumbing and Heating, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying plumbing and heating on a range of courses and levels.
- Contributing pro-actively in the development of the Centre curriculum incorporating innovative teaching strategies.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
Our ideal candidates will evidence of high performance in previous roles/jobs and ability to demonstrate excellent organisational skills and work effectively to deadlines, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ or equivalent in Plumbing and Heating
- Willingness to achieve Certificate in Education or equivalent
- Industrial qualifications-Un-vented Hot water, Water Regs, Energy efficiency
- GCSE Maths and English grade A-C or equivalent
- Willingness to achieve A1, D32/33, QCF or similar assessing qualification
- Willingness to achieve V1 or similar verification award
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
22.2 hours per week (0.6 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
392.2 hours holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.