Practical Instructor in Animal Care
We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for a Practical Instructor in Animal Care to become a key member of our Animal Sciences department.
As a Practical Instructor in Animal Care, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing skill instruction and assessment to students in zoological centre and practical areas,
- Preparing and delivering practical learning materials to learners across a range of courses.
- Participating in the care of animals, to include farm, pet and exotic species (chelonian, snakes, reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates and exotic mammals),
- Monitoring health, behaviour and welfare of all animals and provide high standards of animal care and management.
- Overseeing all practical areas across the programme area with responsibility for Health and Safety,
- Providing technical support in the zoological centre and classroom areas.
Our ideal candidates will have recent successful practical experience in animal care and management sector and experience of working with a range of animals including pet and exotic species, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 4 qualification in Animal Care or Animal Management
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Willingness to work towards assessor trainer qualifications
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
39 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
273 hours holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.