Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The position: We are looking for a Commercial Director.
Requirements for the role:
- Substantial experience of developing business development plans in complex and competitive markets.
- Significant experience of setting and achieving operational targets relating to business development, financial management and income generation/growth.
- High degree of commercial acumen with the capability to inspire and deliver high performance within a driven and supportive team culture.
Responsibilities for the role:
- To lead on new business opportunities and commercial activity, driving the College’s approach to employer-related income generation and creating and optimising commercial and other partnership opportunities, ensuring relevant income generation targets are achieved.
- Shape and refine a whole College commercial plan that explores potential new revenue streams to deliver profitable revenue growth.
- Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the College’s ambitious growth of new commercial business opportunities.
- Provide leadership and day to day line management to teams within the scope of responsibility including Business Development and Marketing, ensure targets are set, monitored and achieved.
The location: The post is based in Nuneaton but will involve some working at all of our sites. Nuneaton is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why should you apply?
- The pay range we are offering is competitive (please include your salary expectation within your application).
- We offer great holidays and access to the local government pension scheme.
- We also offer staff development opportunities.
- Family friendly policies and procedures.
Closing date: Sunday 26th September
Interview date: Monday 4th October at our Wigston Campus
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Informal enquiries are welcome, please email Julie Burrows on firstname.lastname@example.org
We anticipate that this position will attract significant interest - you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications. We advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Our College welcomes staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds and our College values promote respect for those of all races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We recognise that diversity and difference brings richness to our College. Being inclusive and enabling people to thrive and give their best is essential to our College and in us being able to deliver the best possible services to the communities we serve.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and offer flexible working opportunities including family friendly policies and procedures.
What we do
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College (NWSLC) is a large Further Education college offering a wide range of full-time, part-time, Higher Education and Apprenticeship programmes over six campuses based within Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
The College also works with over 600 businesses across a wide range of sectors – working with organisations to determine their ‘training needs analysis’. We then design a programme to match your (the employer’s) requirements.
At the heart of our college community sits a set of values:
- Respect and Nurture
- Inspire and Aspire
- Be Agile and Responsive
- Be Honest and Accountable
These values shape and guide how we behave. The generosity, care and compassion of our staff and students are reflected in our support for many charities as well as in the work we do within our local communities.