We are looking for a committed Teacher to complement our qualified workforce of educators. We are a Sixth Form College, and we are looking for a part time Chemistry Teacher who can teach to AS and A level standard. You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organise a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process.
The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
· Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
· Provide individualised instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
· Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
· Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades
· Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
· Collaborate with Senior teachers, Administrators and other stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
· Observe and understand students’ behaviour and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
· Maintain teaching and learning documentation
· Proven experience as a teacher
· Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
· Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
· Well-organised and committed
· Creative and enthusiastic
· Strong moral values and discipline
· Degree in teaching or in a specialised subject
Other means of remuneration to be discussed at Interview stage.
Superannuation Scheme: Royal London Workplace Pension Scheme
Number of hours to be worked per week: 3-12 variable
Contract type: Fixed Term & Term Time Only
Contract length: 10 months
Expected start date: 20/09/2021
We regard the safety of all of our students and staff to be of paramount importance. We follow the Safer Recruitment procedures in making all staff appointments. In addition, security staff ensure that the College is a safe environment in which to study and relax. All appointees are required to undertake relevant safeguarding and DBS Checks.
There will be the possibility of blended learning with some lessons being conducted face to face in the College and some online.
To apply for this vacancy, please complete the attached application form and send via email with a covering letter to Mr Remi Ferguson, HR Officer at email@example.com