Lecturer in Social Sciences
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer in Social Sciences to become a key member of our Access to HE department.
As a Lecturer in Social Sciences, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of courses and levels.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of monitoring and recording students’ progress and taking action to ensure students meet standards and deadlines and knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in Sociology or closely related subject
- Certificate in Education or equivalent
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
25.9 hours per week (0.7 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
392.2 hours holiday per annum (inclusive on public holidays), pro rata
Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.