Health and Social Care Tutor/Assessor
Oldham College Apprenticeship Team is looking for:
An experienced full time Health and Social Care Tutor Assessor (Salary: Course Tutor Scale £26,175 - £29,456 Per Annum)
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a "good" Ofsted rating, a Silver "TEF" assessment for our higher education provision, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer. Our ambition is to be "The Best Place to Learn and Work" and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Caring Professions Apprenticeship Team for the appointment of a full time Tutor Assessor to support our learners undertaking apprenticeship and part-time work-based qualifications in heatlh, social care and leadership and management.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Tutor/Assessor who has a proven track record of providing work-based teaching, learning and assessment in this sector; including support for functional skills development.
The successful candidate will hold a level 4 or above teaching certificate and a minimum of level 3 vocational qualification. You will be a qualified level 3 assessor.
You will have have experience of supporting the development of up to date knowledge, skills and behaviours relating to the key priorities for this sector, its employers, and the meet the current Apprenticeship requirements.
The post holder will:
- Operate within an employer focussed/skills for work framework offering initial assessment, on-going teaching, leaning, coaching, assessment, and provide advisory services to a caseload of apprentices and part-time learners for level 2-5 programmes.
- Be motivated and have a flexible and professional attitude.
- Demontrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Design, organise, deliver and evauluate the delivery of group and one to one teaching learning, coaching and assessment for allocated programmes and a specific assignment of learners to assure progress and achievement.
- Maximise recruitment, retention progression rates of learners
- Support the development of industry standard knowledge, skills and behaviours as the Apprentices prepare for, and achieve at EPA.
- Exemplify and promote professional behaviours at all times and ensure excellence in the standard of service offered to internal and external colleagues and customers in line with the industry, department and college values.
- Contribute to the promotion of excellence in teaching, learning and assessment for the college, ensuring that learners are given a positive and exciting journey throughout their learning programme.
- Level 3 or higher qualification in health or social care
- Level 4 or higher teaching qualification
- Level 3 assessor qualification
- Previous experience in work based assessment
- Experience of planning and delivering teaching, learning, coaching and assessment of Apprentices in groups and on a one to one basis
- Experience of supporing the development of knowlegde, skills and behviours for apprentices in preparation for their end point assessment.
- Level 4 or higher health and social care qualification
- Level 5 leadership or management qualification
- Level 4 or above teaching qualification
- Level 4 IQA qualification
- Experience of using electronic portfolio systems
Joining Our Journey
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- 32 days annual leave per year, plus Bank Holidays.
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre
Attachments: HSC Tutor Assessor JD and Person Spec 7.21.pdf
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.