Adult Learning Support Assistant and Cognassist Facilitator
We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering campus for an Adult Learning Support Assistant and Cognassist Facilitator to become a key member of our Additional Learning Support department.
As an Adult Learning Support Assistant and Cognassist Facilitator, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Facilitating and managing adult student cohorts to complete the Cognassist assessment at the start of the learner journey.
- Being responsible for providing monthly support meeting to learners who have matched on the Cognassist assessment recording in the Cognassist platform.
- Being an active member of the ALS Team and to assist in the development of adult students’ skills and strategies to support their progress and achievement.
- Managing a case load of approximately 300 learners.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of providing support to individuals in an educational setting and experience of working with students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Learner Support Certificate or equivalent or/ willing to work towards
- Educated to Level 2 in Maths and English
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
Fixed-term Contract, end date of 30th June 2022
39 hours per week (0.89686 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
273 hours holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 25th August 2021
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.