Admissions and Placements Coordinator (ITT) (LCC2900)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
Leeds City College has recently achieved accreditation to award QTS. Working as part of the Luminate Partnership for ITT, we will be recruiting and training trainees to two new routes for this coming academic year and the growth plan is to develop and expand our routes to QTS year on year. The Teacher Training Learning and Development department has a long history of training teachers for the Further Education sector and we are delighted to expand our offer to include courses which will train teachers for the Secondary and Primary sectors. This is an exciting time to join the department, at the initial stages and be part of its growth and development. This role will involve working across the whole team, supporting the successful admissions and placement of trainees in FE and School settings plus also supporting the work experience and placements for our child care trainees.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Coordinate a high quality work placement programme for ITT trainees across the partnerships.
- Develop and maintain effective links with placement providers to secure high quality work experience and progression opportunities for ITT trainees, in line with trainee aptitudes, interests, skills and abilities.
- Arrange cross-phase experience for trainees beyond the trainee’s main placement where applicable.
- Be responsible through the Head of Teacher Training, Learning and Development for ensuring that the terms of the partnership agreement are fulfilled.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant statutory regulations (including DBS checks ) and mandatory training for the trainees, (to include Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, GDPR and Prevent training).
- Monitor the retention, achievement, success and attendance of all ITT trainees on placement.
- Support the wellbeing of ITT students and act as a first point of contact for trainees during the placement for any issues or concerns.
- Schedule, allocate, track and, where appropriate, re-schedule the observations of trainees across the ITT programmes and have oversight of the tracking documentation associated with this.
- Take a lead role in quality assuring placement provision across the partnership attending meetings with mentors and trainees to gain feedback on progress. This includes weekly meetings with school-based subject mentors and trainees.
- Coordinate and deliver mentor training across the partnership and ensure continuing communication on matters relating to trainee development and welfare.
- Contribute to the evaluation and review of placement provision and ITT practices across the partnership.
- Support and liaise with Subject Mentor (and other key placement personnel where appropriate) on the trainee’s progress and implement positive interventions where needed for identified trainees.
- Conduct compulsory mentor training every half term for all the mentors across the partnership and chair regular meetings for all mentors to enable good ITT practice to be shared.
- Liaise with school-based ITT co-ordinators and subject mentors to provide trainees with an appropriate timetable to cover all relevant key stages and abilities.
- Ensure starting points are accurately recorded for all trainees and that their progress is tracked and monitored throughout the duration of the placement.
- Lead and motivate trainees, setting clear objectives and negotiating and implementing effective outcomes in tutorials.
- Be responsible for the allocation of school-based ITT trainees to an appropriate partnership setting for the main autumn and summer placements and to a complementary setting for the spring term placement.
- Ensure that the student teacher is provided with opportunities to cover all aspects of the relevant professional standards for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS).
- Support the planning and monitoring of placements and work experience for the child care students.
- Attend half-day moderation training meetings held by the training provider to support the moderation of standards.
- Regularly update the Department of Teacher Training, Learning and Development with placement and student status information, providing an auditable record of placement monitoring.
- Liaise with HEDO and internal/external moderators to ensure compliance with awarding body requirements.
- Undertake work associated with partnership promotion, including the development and maintenance of the ‘Leeds City College ITT Partnership’ extranet and partnership newsletter.
- You will be qualified to degree level or have significant relevant experience, ideally you will hold a recognised teaching qualification or have extensive experience of educational settings.
- You will have a good level of understanding of initial teacher training programmes both in schools and Further education.
- You will have excellent organisational skills and experience of prioritising work and managing a wide range of conflicting deadlines.
- You will have the ability to relate to, and provide high quality pastoral support for, new entrants to the teaching profession.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to build supportive relationships with a range of internal and external college stakeholders and you will be a team player and adaptable as the need arises.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.