Food Preparation & Service Assistant (TTO) X 2
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, a Silver “TEF” assessment for our higher education provision, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities and new technology.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet. That’s true, by the way – ask almost anyone who has been here. Or come and see for yourself.
If you want to be outstanding, and want to help us achieve the same thing, then please apply.
We are looking for:
- Food Preparation and Service Assistant – Term Time Only (40 weeks)
- Support Scale 3: £18,129 Per Annum
This is a very important role.
Alun Francis, our Principal, says: ”This role is crucial in our mission to become the best place to learn and work as our facilities give a first impression of Oldham College”.
Dave Djordjevic, Head of Facilities, says “This is a critical role. We need people who are keen, enthusiastic, flexible and passionate about providing excellent customer service. We need someone who fits our culture of taking responsibility, being proactive and providing the best place to learn and work.”
Oldham College is a medium sized general further education college, with a turnover of almost £25m. It has one main campus in the center of town, and this in the third phase of a £40m redevelopment, which began in 2012. Higher education is taught on a second, dedicated campus, a short walk away.
The College delivers a full range of work related education and training, including 16-18 programmes of study, T levels, apprenticeships, adult learning and higher education. It has over 5000 full-time students and 600 undergraduates.
The College is in the top quartile for 16-18 programmes of study and English GCSE re-sits, and in apprenticeship provision, but is the second highest performing provider Greater Manchester. The quality of its higher education provision is better than many established universities.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre both offering staff discounts
The purpose of the role is to:
- Provide and maintain an efficient and high quality service, to College staff, students and visitors, following best practice and providing excellent customer service.
- Comply with food safety, health & safety and allergen legislation, including high standards of cleanliness.
- Assist in the preparation and service of food items and beverages and general cleaning duties. Working to maintain high standards of hygiene, safety, service and quality.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and dress.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.