Associate - General Assistants
We have a great opportunities based at our Wixams Academy and Wixams Tree Primary School for a General Assistant to become a key member of our Bedford College Services team.
As a General Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing support and assistance to customers and other staff members.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the kitchen and Restaurant facilities and ensuring serviceability and security of tools and equipment, and ensuring Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Presenting a professional image to all customers and presentation and serving of food to an agreed standard.
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of Health & Safety procedures in catering environment and have the ability to work in a fast pace environment., alongside the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of collecting monies through a cash register & PDQ machine
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- Experience in customer care
- IT skills Word, Excel and Outlook
- Allergen training
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type –Bedford College Services - Flexible Hourly Paid Associate
1 x 10 hours per week
1 x 12.5 hours per week
1 x 15 hours per week
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.