Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator (KC727)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
We are looking for a passionate SENDCO to lead the support team with a strong focus on equality, diversity and inclusion, developing and delivering an outstanding student experience. We work across all curriculum areas ensuring quality support is in place for students with an Education, Health and Care Plan/additional support needs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide a high level of customer care to students and their parents/carers throughout inward transition, through college and outward progression processes.
- Co-ordinating transition visits where required. Establish effective working relationships with internal and external partners and all stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate the SEND funding processes.
- Lead and manage the support team.
- Responsible for all aspects of the EHCP process in accordance with SEND legislation.
- Complete support plans and summaries for SEND students ensuring that staff are informed; demonstrating appropriate strategies and exam access arrangements are in place.
- Work with Heads of Dept, curriculum staff and student services to ensure all aspects of the student experience are accessible to the students and parents/carers.
- Advocate on behalf of students.
- Contribute to the embedding of an annual Quality Assurance Cycle in compliance with the SEND Code of Practice for the review and audit of compliance with EHCPs.
- A passionate SENDCO that has sound knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice and Equality Act 2010.
- An excellent communicator that can build rapport easily and provide a high level of customer care to students, parents/carers, college staff and outside agencies.
- An experienced, well organised manager that can effectively prioritise and manage their own workload and that of their team.
- With the ability to ensure that their team and wider college staff keep accurate student records on Promonitor and Prosolution and provide regular reports on progress, retention and achievement of students.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT KEIGHLEY COLLEGE
Keighley College, a highly successful community college is part of the Luminate Education Group. We pride ourselves on working closely with employers, the local community and other stakeholders to provide curriculum and support that meets the needs of our students. Choosing to work for Keighley College means that you will be part of an enterprising, inclusive, inspiring, collaborative, empowering, and dynamic environment. We are passionate about helping our students to achieve their goals. We have state-of-the-art facilities in a central location, close to public transport links and great industry connections. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Keighley College.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Keighley College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.