Lecturer in Hospitality & Tourism [0.8 FTE]
Location: Cranford, London TW5 9QX
Terms: Full-Time: 40 hours/week, 0.8FTE :32 hours/week [ Pro-Rata: 4 days including Saturdays with one weekday off]
Contract: 12 months with possible renewal
The post holder will be a practising specialist in hospitality and tourism to support both programme leader, and teaching staff on the requirements of QAA regulator and also external awarding bodies such as Edexcel and university validating partners.
- Experience: Considerable years of Full-Time teaching experience in HE institutions and good knowledge of HE Quality & Standard regulator`s requirements with verifiable track of records.
We welcome applications from recently retired persons who held similar positions in UK public sector HE institutions
Qualification: UK Bachelors` and Masters` degree in Hospitality/ Travel Tourism Management (or equivalent qualification) , however, Professional membership and PhD degree will be desirable .
- The successful candidate MUST hold both UK Bachelors` and Masters` degrees in any ONE of the following subject disciplines: Hospitality & Tourism Management, Business & Management [with extensive teaching experience in Hospitality & Tourism Management at Level 5 & 6 & 7]
- In addition the candidate MUST have the relevant experience to managing and developing quality assurance and RQF internal verification activities within the UK HE institutions.
- Knowledge and awareness of UK Quality Code is an essential requirement.
- Experience of Taught Degree Awarding Powers and assessment procedures would be desirable.
Closing date: June 30, 2021, Interviews will take place on the basis of â€œfirst come first serveâ€ for all potential candidates but the appointment decision will only take place when all short listed candidates have been fully interviewed.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.