Associate Teacher of Health and Social Care
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford Sixth Form campus for an Associate Teacher of Health and Social Care to become a key member of our Bedford Sixth Form Teaching department.
As an Associate Teacher of Health and Social Care, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Helping students develop their skills and reach their maximum potential through the delivery of courses and contributing to the development of Sixth Form curriculum and student experience.
- Enthusing, engaging and motivating students to learn and foster their curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Planning, preparing and delivering a range of lessons maintaining a high quality learning environment
Our ideal candidates will current experience of teaching Level 3 courses including A Levels and experience of teaching in a Sixth Form or FE College environment with students 16 – 18 year olds, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Certificate in Education or equivalent in line with the Statutory Instrument
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
Start date: 6th September 2021
Up to 20 hours per week, 16 teaching sessions across 5 days.
Associates work on a short-term basis as assigned. They teach or provide support services and they work with and are supported by core staff. As an Associate you will be issued with an Associate agreement, under this Agreement period you will be eligible to work on assignments offered to you.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.