Casual Exams Invigilator (Wigston)
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for Casual Examination Invigilators
Requirements for the role:
- High level of organisation
- High level of timeliness
- Ability to follow and enforce strict rules and guidance.
- Must have a high standard of spoken English - all communication with candidates in the examination room is verbal
Responsibilities for the role:
- Ensure a calm environment and help to organise students at the start and end of each examination
- Ensure correct examination procedures are being followed at all times.
- Be able to deal with any disturbances during the examination.
The Location: The post is based at Wigston Campus. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links. We also deliver examinations off site so a willingness to travel to different locations would be desirable but not essential for the role.
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is £9.50 per hour £1.38 per hour holiday pay Travel Expenses
- Full invigilation training will be provided and paid at the hourly rate
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Our College welcomes staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds, and our College values promote respect for those of all races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We recognise that diversity and difference brings richness to our College. Being inclusive and enabling people to thrive and give their best is essential to our College and in us being able to deliver the best possible services to the communities we serve.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and offer flexible working opportunities including family friendly policies and procedures.
What we do
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College (NWSLC) is a large Further Education college offering a wide range of full-time, part-time, Higher Education and Apprenticeship programmes over six campuses based within Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
The College also works with over 600 businesses across a wide range of sectors – working with organisations to determine their ‘training needs analysis’. We then design a programme to match your (the employer’s) requirements.
At the heart of our college community sits a set of values:
- Respect and Nurture
- Inspire and Aspire
- Be Agile and Responsive
- Be Honest and Accountable
These values shape and guide how we behave. The generosity, care and compassion of our staff and students are reflected in our support for many charities as well as in the work we do within our local communities.