Sessional Lecturer - Travel, Tourism and Aviation
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- 111 Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7HB
Nottingham College is offering a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding tourism/aviation professional looking for a new challenge to begin or continue with their career in education. We are a high performing area based at the recently opened City Hub and we offer a wide range of courses for learners from Level 1 through to Foundation Degree. With the anticipated growth of the area, we are looking for enthusiastic and innovative lecturers to join our team. We also work closely with industry to ensure our students receive the best skills and knowledge for industry as possible.
Candidates should therefore:
- Possess suitable experience of working in the Travel, Tourism and/or Aviation industry. You need to be an expert in your area and be passionate about teaching and learning.
- Be student focused, have passion, drive and vision that shines through to create outstanding learning opportunities.
- Have excellent communication skills, empathy, understanding and the ability to inspire and engage young people to excel and achieve their learning goals.
- Demonstrate that you have experience of using a range of learning technologies as well as a willingness to continue to update your skills through directed and self-directed CPD.
- Ideally the successful candidates will hold a teaching qualification, however professional development and training is available to support this.
- Will work occasional weekends or additional hours for college special events.
- The roles will also include additional duties such as pastoral support, progress monitoring and report writing.
- Holding the A1 IQA, TAQA or Level 4 IQA is desirable
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Phil Tomlinson, Faculty Area Manager by email email@example.com.
The assessment centre date for this post is Tuesday 31st August 2021.
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.