Nursery Cook - Term Time
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a Nursery Cook (Term Time - 20 hours x 36 weeks*)
Requirements for the role:
• To have an understanding of healthy foods for children, including portion control and a commitment to serving foods that are seasonal, healthy and wholesome
• Experience of working in catering, as a cook and/or in the preparation of food.
• Knowledge of food hygiene practices including, preparation and storage of food.
Responsibilities for the role:
• To maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen.
• To be responsible for preparation of weekly menus catering for all children’s dietary requirements.
• To maintain such records and undertake administrative duties as determined by the college and the Food Standard Agency.
The Location: The College is based in Leicester. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
• We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• We also offer staff development opportunities
• Family friendly policies and procedures
If the weeks worked in the first year of employment is less than 36 weeks – then the salary will be adjusted accordingly.
What we do
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College (NWSLC) is a large Further Education college offering a wide range of full-time, part-time, Higher Education and Apprenticeship programmes over six campuses based within Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
The College also works with over 600 businesses across a wide range of sectors – working with organisations to determine their ‘training needs analysis’. We then design a programme to match your (the employer’s) requirements.
At the heart of our college community sits a set of values:
- Respect and Nurture
- Inspire and Aspire
- Be Agile and Responsive
- Be Honest and Accountable
These values shape and guide how we behave. The generosity, care and compassion of our staff and students are reflected in our support for many charities as well as in the work we do within our local communities.