Kitchen Porter - 20 hours per week - Term Time Only (40 weeks)
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, a Silver “TEF” assessment for our higher education provision, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet. That’s true, by the way – ask almost anyone who has been here. Or come and see for yourself.
We are looking for:
- Kitchen Porter - 20 hours per week - Term Time Only (40 weeks)
- Salary, Support Scale 3 - £18,129 Per Annum, pro rata
Dave Djordjevic, Head of Facilities, says “This is a critical role. We need people who are keen, enthusiastic, flexible and passionate about providing excellent customer service. We need someone who fits our culture of taking responsibility, being proactive and providing the best place to learn and work.”
Oldham College is a medium sized general further education college, with a turnover of almost £25m. It has one main campus in the centre of town, and this in the third phase of a £40m redevelopment, which began in 2012. Higher education is taught on a second, dedicated campus, a short walk away.
The College delivers a full range of work related education and training, including 16-18 programmes of study, T levels, apprenticeships, adult learning and higher education. It has over 5000 full-time students and 600 undergraduates.
The College is in the top quartile for 16-18 programmes of study and English GCSE re-sits, and in apprenticeship provision, but is the second highest performing provider Greater Manchester. The quality of its higher education provision is better than many established universities.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Provide and maintain an efficient and high quality service, to College staff, students and visitors, following best practice and providing excellent customer service.
- Comply with food safety, health & safety and allergen legislation, including high standards of cleanliness.
- Assist in the preparation and service of food items and beverages and general cleaning duties. Working to maintain high standards of hygiene, safety, service and quality.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and dress.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
please click the apply button below