Catering Manager (Chef)
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, a Silver “TEF” assessment for our higher education provision, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet. That’s true, by the way – ask almost anyone who has been here. Or come and see for yourself.
We are looking for:
- Catering Manager (Chef)
- Salary Scale PO35-40 (£32,582 - £37,570 Per Annum)
Dave Djordjevic, Head of Facilities, says “This is a critical role. We need people who are keen, enthusiastic, flexible and passionate about providing excellent customer service. We need someone who fits our culture of taking responsibility, being proactive and providing the best place to learn and work.”
Oldham College is a medium sized general further education college, with a turnover of almost £25m. It has one main campus in the centre of town, and this in the third phase of a £40m redevelopment, which began in 2012. Higher education is taught on a second, dedicated campus, a short walk away.
The College is in the top quartile for 16-18 programmes of study and English GCSE re-sits, and in apprenticeship provision, but is the second highest performing provider Greater Manchester. The quality of its higher education provision is better than many established universities.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Ensure the effective and compliant operation and provision of the college’s catering, vending, hospitality, retail facilities ensuring a strong customer service ethos and a great student experience.
They will lead, manage and contribute to the catering team in order to:
- provide, and maintain, excellent catering service, and offer, to the college its learners, staff and visitors in order to help the college realise its ambition of becoming the best place to learn and work;
- comply with all relevant food safety and health & safety legislation;
- operate the service as a business and meet all agreed business objectives;
- provide excellent customer service and experience including high standards of personal appearance and dress, as directed by Oldham College, and offering service of a polite, efficient and professional manner
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
please click the apply button below