Trainee Lecturer / Lecturer in Technical and Professional Construction
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Trainee Lecturer / Lecturer in Technical and Professional Construction to become a key member of our Technical and Professional department.
As a Trainee Lecturer / Lecturer in Technical and Professional Construction, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms within the Technical and Professional courses from level 3 to HNC/D level, in line with College policies and procedure as directed by the Head of Department.
- Supporting the course manager with internal verification processes and maintain the course management files and assessment plans
- Liaising with the course team and relevant staff to ensure that all students are enrolled and follow a designated study programme which meets current timetabling policy rules including work placement and enhancement.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of consistently providing a high-quality learning experience for all students and have industry/ trade experience, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 4 qualification in Construction Management/ Civil Engineering.
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
- Safeguarding training
- Equality and Diversity training
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
392.2 hours holiday per annum
Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on 17th August 2021.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.