Assistant Principal – Assessment and Progression
Nature of the Role: One-Year Fixed Term
Responsible to: Principal
Responsible for: Assessment, Progression and relevant subject teaching (Computer Science and/or Mathematics)
Welcome to Ada!
We are the Government’s National College for Digital Skills, the top performing institution for the new Computer Science BTEC and are passionate about educating, supporting and creating the next generation of digital pioneers.
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for an inspirational leader and teacher to play a central role in leading the sixth form alongside the Principal.
The Assistant Principal will work alongside the Principal as a member of the sixth form senior leadership team (SLT) in defining, articulating and implementing the shared vision and values of the college.
The Assistant Principal is in particular accountable for Assessment and Progression of all the students in the sixth form. This means working with SLT and teachers to ensure the effective, well analysed monitoring of student progress as well as designing and implementing the College’s annual calendar of activities to ensure all our students progress onto positive destinations. You will also work closely with other teachers in an experienced and high-performing Computer Science or Maths teaching teams to develop high quality content and deliver excellent lessons.
Key aspects of the role:
- To be accountable for the students’ personal development in terms of their progression, ensuring the college prepares them for future success in their next steps as well as supporting them in these next steps via the progression programme that provides for students’ broader development.
- To ensure that internal assessment is appropriate and impactful by planning and managing the assessment cycle, data collection and analysis to inform intervention strategies and deliver impact.
- To have oversight of the Exams Officer to ensure that external assessment requirements are fully complied with to enable the centre to maintain its examination status.
- To lead and manage the college as a member of the sixth form Senior Leadership Team.
- To lead, support, hold accountable and develop the academic team focusing on high standards of personal, social and academic development for students.
- To teach Computer Science (via the National BTEC in Computing) or Maths (inc. GCSE Maths, Core Maths and/or Further Maths) A-level to Ada students, maintaining outstanding standards of teaching, learning and assessment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead and oversee the internal Assessment Cycle at the college ensuring that it is appropriate and impactful
- To work with the Data Officer and Data and Reporting lead to ensure that data is recorded and reported accurately.
- To ensure teachers and the college use assessment well.
- To improve staff’s knowledge of the appropriate use of assessment in regular Continuing Professional Development (CPD) sessions
- To quality assure assessment materials including ensuring the moderation of A-level internal assessments
- To lead quality assurance of BTEC qualifications to ensure all assessment is accurate, valid and meets national standards.
- To line manage the Exams Officer to ensure external examinations are carried out effectively and to the required standards.
- To work with the SENCO to ensure that students with access arrangements for examinations are properly administered.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check when appointed to the post. References for shortlisted candidates will be requested prior to the interview day. Further information about the DBS be found at www.gov.uk
Ada. National College for Digital Skills recognises that equality of opportunity and the recognition and promotion of diversity are integral to its strengths.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references.
Thank you for your interest in Ada. National College for Digital Skills
Please apply via the link