Job Coach (3 posts)
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
Following on from a successful OFSTED visit, the college is committed to developing the opportunities for learners with SEND within the workplace through the Supported Internship programme. We are looking for highly motivated people to join the team in order to share and develop our ambition and vision.
The Position: We are looking for three Job Coaches (Part time Term Time) to develop our exciting Supported Internship Programme, promoting the aspirations of SEND learners in the workplace.
Requirements for the role:
- Awareness of SEND within education and workplace settings
- Ability to work with a variety of organisations to develop opportunities for training & development within the Supported Internship Programme
- Nurture, support and inspire ambition for young people with SEND within the workplace to develop personal and professional skills for the future.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Work with employers//organisations prepared to offer placements/volunteering opportunities and employment opportunities to look at job carving opportunities and ways to support individuals in the placement.
- Ensure employers observe Health and Safety responsibilities and carry out relevant checks, follow up meetings etc. in line with NWSLCs processes.
- Contribute to and maintain individual learning plans for learners relating to employment/volunteering and/or education and transition goals.
The Location: The posts will be based four days a week at employer’s location and one day a week at the Nuneaton Campus. Current employers are:
- National Grid Solihull, Birmingham
- Nuneaton Signs, Nuneaton
- NWSLC College Based, Hinckley and Nuneaton
Why Should You Apply?
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
Interview date: 9th August 2021
*Please note the following:
- For the academic year 2021 to 2022 the salary will be reduced if the number of weeks worked is less than 37 weeks in the first year of employment.
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Our College welcomes staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds, and our College values promote respect for those of all races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We recognise that diversity and difference brings richness to our College. Being inclusive and enabling people to thrive and give their best is essential to our College and in us being able to deliver the best possible services to the communities we serve.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and offer flexible working opportunities including family friendly policies and procedures.
What we do
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College (NWSLC) is a large Further Education college offering a wide range of full-time, part-time, Higher Education and Apprenticeship programmes over six campuses based within Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
The College also works with over 600 businesses across a wide range of sectors – working with organisations to determine their ‘training needs analysis’. We then design a programme to match your (the employer’s) requirements.
At the heart of our college community sits a set of values:
- Respect and Nurture
- Inspire and Aspire
- Be Agile and Responsive
- Be Honest and Accountable
These values shape and guide how we behave. The generosity, care and compassion of our staff and students are reflected in our support for many charities as well as in the work we do within our local communities.
Attachments: Job Description & Person Spec - Download
Closing Date: 29 July 2021
Interview Date: 9 August 2021
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.