Admissions and Student Funding Officer (0.5 FTE)
5 days left
- Part Time
We are one of the largest partners of the University of the Highlands and Islands, a partnership of 13 colleges and research institutions comprising Scotland’s newest university.
As the UK’s leading tertiary education provider, we deliver both further education and higher education courses and that makes us different from traditional institutions. Through an innovative approach to learning and some of the best online learning technologies, we offer our students the complete learner journey, where they have choice and flexibility to study from access level right through to PhD.
Inverness College UHI is at the heart of the community. Working closely with businesses and stakeholders, our curriculum and research capacity is designed to meet the ever-evolving needs of industry and support the strengths and ambitions of the region. Through a personalised approach, we help our students discover their right path, providing them with a combination of qualification and job-ready skills to succeed in the workplace. Inverness College UHI has locations at Inverness Campus and also the Scottish School of Forestry (Balloch), a growing hub for research, innovation and enterprise set within a 215 acre site.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated member of staff to work with us as an Admissions and Student Funding Officer to cover maternity leave.
We are seeking a suitably skilled and qualified Admissions and Student Funding Officer to work within our Admissions and Student Funding department. You will mainly process student support funding applications.
17.5 Hours (0.5 FTE), Fixed-Term, Maternity Cover
- To provide a student awards service, including bursary, EMA, childcare and discretionary funding to applicants
- To provide advice and guidance to College Staff, students and applicants on the range to student support available.
- Relevant experience of working with data management systems ensuring that data is accurate and complete
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present data appropriately for the relevant stakeholder
- Ability to work to deadlines whilst ensuring that all work is of a professional standard
Please note: the successful post holder will need to pass a satisfactory PVG Scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland prior to commencing employment.
Application Closing Date: 2 August 2021
Shortlisting will take place on 3 August 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing 10 August 2021
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.