Additional Learning Support Manager (SENCO)
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for an Additional Learning Support Manager (SENCO).
Requirements for the role:
- You will hold a SENCO Qualification, a Teaching Qualification and a Degree qualification in a relevant subject.
- You will have experience of managing support for students with EHCP’s and a wide range of learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Ideally, you will have experience of acting as a SENCo/ALS Manager in a previous education establishment.
Responsibilities for the role:
- To take the lead in developing and evaluating SEND practice in the College ensuring students who are identified as having additional needs are supported appropriately and succeed in their education.
- Ensure provision within the College meets the requirements of the SEND Code of Practice.
- Support and liaise with the College’s Quality Team to improve quality of education for students with SEND at the College.
The Location: Whilst the post is a cross College role, (Base either Nuneaton or Wigston).
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire are great places to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- We offer great holidays and access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Our College welcomes staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds, and our College values promote respect for those of all races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We recognise that diversity and difference brings richness to our College. Being inclusive and enabling people to thrive and give their best is essential to our College and in us being able to deliver the best possible services to the communities we serve.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and offer flexible working opportunities including family friendly policies and procedures.
What we do
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College (NWSLC) is a large Further Education college offering a wide range of full-time, part-time, Higher Education and Apprenticeship programmes over six campuses based within Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
The College also works with over 600 businesses across a wide range of sectors – working with organisations to determine their ‘training needs analysis’. We then design a programme to match your (the employer’s) requirements.
At the heart of our college community sits a set of values:
- Respect and Nurture
- Inspire and Aspire
- Be Agile and Responsive
- Be Honest and Accountable
These values shape and guide how we behave. The generosity, care and compassion of our staff and students are reflected in our support for many charities as well as in the work we do within our local communities.