ESOL Sessional Lecturer
- Kia Car Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- The Lace Market, Nottingham, NG1 1NG
An opportunity has arisen within the Adult ESOL team for an experienced ESOL lecturer who is able to:
- Contribute towards the delivery of a high-quality educational experience for all students.
- Plan, prepare and deliver ESOL lessons to a range of adult part-time learners at Nottingham College, face to face in the first instance but also able to teach remotely using Microsoft Teams
- Motivate and inspire individual students to exceed their expectations and goals. Ensure learners produce the highest level of work and are empowered to take ownership of their studies to achieve excellent results.
Nottingham College is one of the main providers of ESOL provision in the Nottingham area with over 52 staff members and over 1,400 learners. We are looking for experienced ESOL lecturers to join the ESOL team with a view to teaching a range of ESOL levels over the next academic year
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Linda McDonald or Alison Trow firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Interviews/assessments are planned for Wednesday 1st September
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.