Health and Social Care Teacher (KC683)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
This exciting opportunity has arisen to join an enthusiastic and successful team, working within the College’s purpose at Keighley College. The Health Science and Social Care department offers a range of full and part time courses and apprenticeships. We are looking for a pro-active, innovative teacher of health and social care. You will be required to plan and deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment to students on full time and part time study programmes.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course.
- Be responsible for recording student progress Maintain and update knowledge of the subject and / or vocational area Maintain and update knowledge of educational research to develop evidence- based practice.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximise their effectiveness, including through the use of technology.
- Carry out internal verification/moderation.
- Plan, prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of on-line learning resources for identified modules.
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- Develop and employ effective assessment activities for identified modules.
- Assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules.
- Create SMART targets, record and monitor progress against them.
- Implement positive interventions where needed, for students undertaking identified modules.
- Apply theoretical understanding of effective practice in teaching, learning and assessment drawing on research and other evidence.
- Consider and employ the most effective delivery methods, including blended learning and technology enhanced learning.
- Carry out internal verification duties in line with quality assurance processes.
- Undertake review processes to develop and improve identified course(s) Implement evidence-based strategies to ensure high levels of retention, achievement, success and attendance for identified cohorts.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with learners and provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
- Contribute to the marketing of courses, learner IAG and enrolment processes Participate in student recruitment activities, including interviews and open evenings Maintain and actively engage in quality and professional standards.
- Participate, as appropriate, in the College’s examination process. Ensure that effective Induction programmes are delivered for learners.
- The successful candidate will be adaptable, pro-active and innovative and will thrive in a busy and challenging environment.
- You will be required to plan and deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment to students on full time study programmes.
- You will hold a level 5 teaching qualification and a degree or vocational qualification in a health and social care related subject.
- You will have English and Maths at level 2 or above.
- You will have recent teaching experience and experience of positively managing student progression, advice and guidance in a school or further education setting.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT KEIGHLEY COLLEGE
Keighley College, a highly successful community college is part of the Luminate Education Group. We pride ourselves on working closely with employers, the local community and other stakeholders to provide curriculum and support that meets the needs of our students. Choosing to work for Keighley College means that you will be part of an enterprising, inclusive, inspiring, collaborative, empowering, and dynamic environment. We are passionate about helping our students to achieve their goals. We have state-of-the-art facilities in a central location, close to public transport links and great industry connections. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Keighley College.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Keighley College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.