Course Leader, Digital and IT (Ref: LCC2665)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the School of Digital and IT for an enthusiastic and motivated Digital and IT Course Leader who will contribute to employer engagement and development of new and existing programmes. The successful candidate will teach, develop, deliver and assess on a variety of Digital and IT programmes. A passion for inspirational classroom based and online lessons, with specific experience in one or more of the following strands Programming (Software Development), Networking and Cyber Security. Complementing the course leading and teaching, the post will have an element of outward facing contact to increase employer engagement in the curriculum. An enthusiasm for utilizing new and emerging technologies in the curriculum is key and current knowledge around the Digital and IT landscape is essential.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will engage with businesses and schools to promote the Digital & IT area, increase levels of learner enrolments and business participation
- You will be responsible for retention, achievement, progress/value added, attendance and positive progression rates for an identified course or courses
- You will maintain high quality and effective delivery across the course team
- You will develop new modules, units and courses
- You will be responsible for developing new units, modules and courses in line with government policy, awarding organisation developments and student demand as well as local community, economic and e employer requirements
- You will motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression
- You will reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students and engage in scholarly activity
- You will have willingness to undertake relevant training to enhance and build new skills (potentially through both formal and informal courses/qualifications) around the latest technological developments and enhancements, including Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Blockchain Technologies, Cloud Computing, Data Science, Cybersecurity, Virtual/Augmented Reality, Drone Technology, Robotics, amongst others.
- You will have an interest in the Digital & IT sector, be familiar with BTEC Level 3 Computing and IT and have the ability to teach online
- You will hold a Level 5 (or above) Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE)
- You will have English and Maths qualifications at Level 2 or above, with a willingness to improve in one or both disciplines to Level 3 or above
- You will have the relevant, highest level vocational qualification or degree in ICT or relevant subject
- You will have relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent delivery in the Further Education sector
- You will have experience of positively managing student and group progression, advice and guidance in a Further Education setting
- You will experience developing creative learning materials for groups of learners
- You will have proven commitment to continuous professional development If you have enthusiasm and get excited at the prospect of being part of a team utilising new and emerging technologies in the curriculum with current knowledge around the Digital and IT landscape as essential.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.