Assessor/Facilitator, (Part Time) Health Science and Social Care (Ref: LCC2851)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
Part Time - 18.5hours per week
WHAT WE DO
The School of Health Science & Social Care are recruiting an Assessor/Facilitator. You will be highly professional with a background in health and social care. You will be organised, with excellent communication skills, and enjoy working and liaising with teaching staff, students and employers. You will need reasonable computer skills and you may need to use Google Meet or Zoom as part of your role. You will achieve the assessor’s qualification (CAVA) and will be encouraged to attend CPD to update both your professional and assessor qualifications. You will be based at Quarry Hill campus site, but will travel locally to visit your students in their workplaces.. If you are a dynamic individual who is looking for a new challenge in your career, we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Effective and efficient management of appointments, schedule and learner caseload.
- Ensure assessment and internal quality assurance processes are followed in accordance with the quality standard required by Awarding Organisations and Leeds City College policies and procedures
- Demonstrate high academic standards in training, tuition and assessment and in the preparation and use of learning resources to meet a range of learner needs.
- Carry out all aspects of the learner journey - Initial assessment and guidance, enrolment, training and assessment, review of progress and final advice and guidance
- Liaise and communicate with employers of learners on the programme on progress of learners and with potential employers and learners to promote work based qualifications and any other relevant college provision
- Ensure assessment/delivery meets the performance/achievement targets as set by the college/department and the full range of learner needs
- Maintain CPD in subject specialist knowledge and skills to ensure training and assessment conforms to current best practice
- Follow and keep up to date all necessary procedures for the accurate completion and maintenance of learner records and verification as required
- Help to ensure learners are aware of and uphold College regulations and policies, including getting students ready for placements and completing DBS checks with learners Initiate actions in line with procedure if any misdemeanours or infringements of College policy occur
- Ensure learners are aware of the wide range of college professional guidance, safeguarding and counselling services
- Make appropriate referrals if additional learning/social needs and safeguarding issues are identified while learners are on programme
We are looking for someone that has:
- Substantial experience in the delivery of programmes in the workplace and delivery methods
- Excellent administration, organisation and time management skills
- The ability to manage own caseload, prioritise tasks and problem solve
- The ability to lead and motivate learners Excellent interpersonal skills
- A commitment to continuous Quality Improvement and the required systems and procedures to support this
- Relevant and current evidence of CPD to meet awarding body and sector specific requirements
- A flexible and responsive approach to meet employer and student needs
A commitment to:
- The promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion
- The promotion of a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults to learn in
- The PREVENT agenda Restorative practice approaches
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.