Lecturer - Forestry
We are one of the largest partners of the University of the Highlands and Islands, a partnership of 13 colleges and research institutions comprising Scotland’s newest university.
As the UK’s leading tertiary education provider, we deliver both further education and higher education courses and that makes us different from traditional institutions. Through an innovative approach to learning and some of the best online learning technologies, we offer our students the complete learner journey, where they have choice and flexibility to study from access level right through to PhD.
Inverness College UHI is at the heart of the community. Working closely with businesses and stakeholders, our curriculum and research capacity is designed to meet the ever-evolving needs of industry and support the strengths and ambitions of the region. Through a personalised approach, we help our students discover their right path, providing them with a combination of qualification and job-ready skills to succeed in the workplace. Inverness College UHI has locations at Inverness Campus and also the Scottish School of Forestry (Balloch), a growing hub for research, innovation and enterprise set within a 215 acre site.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated member of staff to work with us as a lecturer on a permanent basis. You will be based at the Scottish School of Forestry campus, Balloch.
We are seeking a suitably skilled and qualified lecturer to work within our Forestry department. You will be expected to work within the Forestry team delivering at various levels from Level 5 and 6 FE to HND and BSc Forestry and/or Level 6, HND and BSc Arboriculture and Urban Forestry in both a practical and a theoretical capacity.
- Self motivated
- Flexible and positive approach to work
- Good interpersonal skills and at working in a team
- Teaching / Facilitating Learning
- Guidance and Support
- Planning and Preparing the Learning Experience
- Quality and Standards
- Professional Practice and Development
- Good communication skills
- BSc in Forestry or Arboriculture and Urban Forestry (or related subject)
- Good knowledge and experience of the Forestry and/or related industries
- Working to deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- (see the personal specification for additional requirements)
- Be willing to undergo training and assessment for a Tertiary Education Qualification
Please note: the successful post holder will need to pass a satisfactory PVG Scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland prior to commencing employment.
Application Closing Date: 26 July 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing 2 August.
Please apply via the link.