Business Administrator Tutor
7 days left
- Part Time
Westminster City Council is committed to creating a City for All where people are born into a supportive and safe environment, grow and learn throughout their lives, build fantastic careers in world-leading industries. Westminster Adult Education Service is the City Council’s adult education service and the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest nationally. We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community based provision. We work to adapt to the changing needs of our communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated. We are on our journey to outstanding and want someone who shares our vision of attaining excellence to join our passionate and highly skilled leadership team.
If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Business tutor to deliver and assess Business Administration and Digital Marketing and Leadership and Management qualifications from Level 1 to Level 3 to a range of adult learners (19+) from in and around London.
You will be responsible for providing teaching, learning and assessment to support learners to successfully complete their qualification using an e portfolio platform. Topics will include working as a business administrator, understanding business organisations, creating appropriate documents and understanding their use. Additionally, you will need to embed digital skills across all courses to meet the needs of their future employers.
You will be responsible for delivering all elements of the program, providing support and guidance to learners, ensuring that they are challenged and that they complete their portfolio in a timely manner to the standard required. The Level 3 Management qualification is delivered in partnership with Mindful Education, a Virtual Learning Environment which is based on a flip learning model.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, resources and assignment briefs where appropriate.
- Deliver training and support both face to face and remotely to groups and/or individuals.
- Supporting the curriculum initial advice and guidance process for prospective learners to ensure we have the right candidates on the right courses.
- Carry out continuous diagnostic assessments as part of the learners’ journey.
- Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reports.
- Ensuring all documentation both paper based and electronic (assignment briefs, tracking documents, progress reviews, Individual Learning Plans, attendance registers, portfolios etc) are completed to a satisfactory level and in a timely fashion.
- A recognised teaching qualification for the lifelong learning sector, preferably PGCE or equivalent - Essential
- Recognised Assessor qualification - Essential
- Recognised Internal Verification qualification - Desirable
- An up-to-date CPD record (30 hours per year)
- Business and Management qualification at level 3 or above or demonstrable occupational experience
- Strong digital skills and the ability to teach on -line
What we offer:
We offer excellent employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/1005
The closing date is 9am Tuesday 3 August. Interviews for this post will take place on Wednesday 11 August 2021.
A Basic DBS is required for this post.
CVs will not be accepted for this post.
Please apply via the link