Hours of work: 29.6 hours per week (4 days per week) fixed term 1-year contracts
Location: Across both Wakefield City Campus and Castleford Campus
As a Pastoral Tutor, you will work as a member of a cross-college team delivering an effective and efficient group tutorial programme to include personal and social development and employability skills, which provides the appropriate learner support and guidance to enable students to achieve success, develop their potential and progress.
You will play a pivotal role in ensuring a student experience is of the highest quality and support students to broaden their experiences and take advantage of opportunities from a college wide perspective and beyond.
You should be passionate about student’s achieving their potential and putting the facilities and support in place to make sure we prepare students not only for college life but for life and work beyond college.
As a Pastoral Tutor, you should hold GCSE A*- C in English and Maths or equivalent. You should also be able to demonstrate evidence of managing groups of learners, good ICT skills and innovation within teaching abilities.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave pro rata for part time + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
Closing date: 11.00am 27 July 2021
Interview date: 5 August 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.