Senior Business Systems Analyst
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: Based at the Wakefield City Campus but required to work across campus sites.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Analyst to join our Business Systems team. You will be part of a small, focussed team, who is responsible for ensuring the College’s systems are reliable, effective and relevant to the business needs of the College.
As Senior Systems Analyst, you will use your technical expertise and business process knowledge, to support the implementation of the College’s Business System Strategy. You will be responsible for supporting, administering and developing a variety of College business systems and applications, as well as training users in their effective operation. They will also be responsible for project managing the implementation of systems as and when required.
This role will involve:
- Providing assistance, analysis and advice to staff with regard to College business systems
- Developing applications and systems ensuring they meet the College’s business needs
- Support the College’s drive towards a single, unified systems structure
- Provide assistance and support to staff and students with regard to use of the College’s VLE and associated eLearning technology
As a Senior Systems Analyst, you should:
- Be qualified to Degree level in a Business or IT related subject
- Hold GCSE grade A*- C / 9 – 4 or equivalent in English
- Hold GCSE grade A* - C / 9 – 4 or equivalent in Maths
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of extracting data from Microsoft SQL/Oracle SQL/MySQL and managing/administering databases and/or using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Able to interpret data and data hygiene issues through proven work experience or qualification
- The ability to form excellent working relationships with other departments
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 26 July 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 11 & Thursday 12 August 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.