Apprentice Horticulture Technician
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Fixed term contract: Two years
Salary: Year 1: £8,006 per annum. Year 2: £12,443 - £16,823 per annum (dependent on age). Pay award pending.
Location: Thornes Park, Wakefield
Do you have an interest in gardening and horticulture? If so, we have a fantastic apprenticeship opportunity to join our enthusiastic and supportive Horticulture team.
As an Apprentice Horticulture Technician, you will:
- Support the Horticulture Course Leader in the preparation of their classes, by helping with the setup of practical sessions and tiding away at the end of the session.
- Undertake regular garden maintenance tasks such as watering.
- Assist with stock taking materials, collecting deliveries, and ordering supplies for the Horticulture department.
- Update our Horticulture social media accounts.
- Assist with the Horticulture / Catering project, by organising produce to be picked and delivered.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in horticulture and understanding of basic garden maintenance tasks. You should hold GCSE A* - C / 9 – 4 in English and Maths or be willing to undertake these as part of the Level 2 Horticulture apprenticeship. You should be organised, have good communication skills and the ability to work with both staff and students.
This apprenticeship is a great opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge of horticulture whilst helping develop an excellent learning environment for others.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 30 July 2021
Interview date: Thursday 19 August 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.