Associate Lecturer in Motor Vehicle
We have a great opportunity based across our Wellingborough and Corby campus for an Associate Lecturer in Motor Vehicle to become a key member of our Motor Vehicle department.
As an Associate Lecturer in Motor Vehicle, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Carrying out, preparing, teaching and assessing on a range of motor vehicle courses, teaching programmes in line with College policies and procedure as directed by the Head of Department.
- Delivering using a wide range of teaching techniques, skills training to learners to facilitate achievement of the Motor Vehicle Diplomas, covering practical, workshop based and classroom-based study.
- Planning and preparing teaching and learning programmes for individuals and groups of learners
Our ideal candidates will have the ability to teach Motor Vehicle Engineering and current experience of teaching, assessing or tutoring, alongside the following qualifications:
- Minimum level 3 qualification in a relevant motor vehicle discipline.
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year.
- Certificate in Education or equivalent.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
Up to 18 hours per week
Associates work on a short-term basis as assigned. They teach or provide support services and they work with and are supported by core staff. As an Associate you will be issued with an Associate agreement, under this Agreement period you will be eligible to work on assignments offered to you.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
Please apply via the link.