Creative Industries Technician (Art and Design)
Hours of work: 27.75 hours per week
Salary: £13,457 - £13,966 per annum (actual salary for 27.75 hours per week). Pay award pending
Location: Wakefield City Campus
Are you an enthusiastic and skilled Technician with a background in the Creative Industries? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity available for a Technician to join our Art and Design department, where you will support our Art and Fashion & Textiles courses and contribute to the development and maintenance of our growing range of Art programmes.
As a Technician, you will support both staff and students within the Creative Industries department with your focus being within the Art department. You will help co-ordinate the timely preparation of materials and equipment for practical work. You will also ensure that the studio areas, print and ceramics facilities and multi-materials workshop conform to current Health and Safety requirements / professional standards and carry out routine maintenance and PAT testing of equipment.
We are looking for someone who has up-to-date industry knowledge, a passion for art and design and education and is confident in multi-materials instruction. You will also have an understanding of the requirements of Art exhibitions.
You will join a committed and supportive team, who have a range of interests and skills and a passion for the Creative Industries.
So, if this opportunity sounds like something you’re interested in, why not apply?
To find out more about our Art curriculum and the courses we offer visit: www.wakefield.ac.uk/art-media-design
As a Technician, you should:
- Have previous experience of working as a technician within Art and Design
- Have a background of working with Print / Ceramic / Multi-materials and textile workshops and be competent in the use of tools and equipment e.g. bandsaw, pillar drill, jigsaw, sander etc.
- Have experience of working with Kilns and associated material preparation
- Have experience of working Screen print and associated material preparation
- Hold GCSE grade A*- C in English and Maths or equivalent (grades 9 - 4)
- Have experience of Health and Safety procedures including PAT testing and Risk Assessments
- Have a good understanding of equipment associated with Art, Design, Fashion and Textiles
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave (pro rata) + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 2 August 2021
Interview date: Thursday 12 August 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.