Lecturer in Construction (Apprenticeship Lead for Brickwork and Property Maintenance)
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore, on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Lecturer in Construction (Apprenticeship Lead for Brickwork & Property Maintenance) to deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment for apprenticeship programmes at the College.
The role involves planning and delivering outstanding teaching and learning to reflect the New Apprenticeship Standards, and developing an innovative and flexible delivery that will allow learners to access construction apprenticeship programmes at various points across the academic year.
Furthermore, the post holder will work with the college’s employer engagement team to visit employers and to promote the college’s apprenticeship programmes for construction, ensuring that income targets are successfully met and that planned growth is achieved.
- To plan teaching, learning and assessment for apprenticeship programmes ensuring that they are tailored to reflect apprentices’ workplace duties to ensure that they achieve the required outcomes for learners End Point Assessment.
- Contribute to effective progress reviews for learners and their employers ensuring that all learners are working towards achieving a distinction at their End Point Assessment.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for construction apprentices in a timely manner in line with ESFA funding requirements.
- To comply with all college quality assurance procedures as prescribed by the Vice Principal -Curriculum & Quality to ensure the achievement of all internal and external audits.
Applicants must possess a level 3 or equivalent qualification in brickwork.
Candidates must also possess a current teaching qualification to the required national standards or a willingness to undertake a formal teaching qualification in a timely manner.
Competitive salary, pension and excellent benefits including:
- Recently Ofsted graded Good, now on our journey to Outstanding
- 40 days holiday (FTE), bank holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Excellent onsite facilities including Coffee Shop, gym, hair and beauty salon, and an onsite nursery
- Investment in our employees CPD at the College with a comprehensive timetable of training and development
- Free secure campus parking and excellent transport links
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and receipt of satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 25th July.
To apply, please visit the vacancies page on the Macclesfield College website via the apply link and fill in the short form to receive an application pack.
For further information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org