Associate Lecturer in Health and Social Care and Childcare
We have two great opportunities based at our Bedford campus for an Associate Lecturer in Health and Social Care and Childcare to become a key member of our Health, Childcare and Counselling department.
As an Associate Lecturer in Health and Social Care and Childcare, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing subject specialisms on a range of courses and levels.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in innovative teaching.
- Working as part of a team – with good communication skills
Our ideal candidates will have experience of delivering learning to groups and up to date knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care and or Early years
- GSCE Maths and English (grades A – C) or equivalent level 2 in maths and English
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
Up to 22 hours per week
Associates work on a short-term basis as assigned. They teach or provide support services and they work with and are supported by core staff. As an Associate you will be issued with an Associate agreement, under this Agreement period you will be eligible to work on assignments offered to you.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held from 5th August 2021 onwards.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.