Casual Learning Support Worker
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a Casual Learning Support Worker.
Requirements for the role:
- GCSE or level 2 equivalent in Maths and English.
- A good understanding of high quality learning support for learners with SEND in further education setting.
- Experience of providing support in the classroom that enables students to achieve identified goals.
Responsibilities for the role:
- To provide high quality support both in and out of the classroom.
- To work with teaching staff to enhance and promote a well-managed learning environment, making adaptations to meet specific student’s needs where necessary.
- Maintain accurate records relating to learning support and work in accordance with the college quality requirements, in relation to assessment and monitoring of student progress.
The Location: The post is based at the South Wigston Campus. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay is £9.50 per hour + £1.37 per hour holiday pay
- It is a great opportunity to access a career in education.
- You can make a difference in young people’s lives.
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- A supportive team and college community.
- Family friendly policies and procedures.
What we do
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College (NWSLC) is a large Further Education college offering a wide range of full-time, part-time, Higher Education and Apprenticeship programmes over six campuses based within Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
The College also works with over 600 businesses across a wide range of sectors – working with organisations to determine their ‘training needs analysis’. We then design a programme to match your (the employer’s) requirements.
At the heart of our college community sits a set of values:
- Respect and Nurture
- Inspire and Aspire
- Be Agile and Responsive
- Be Honest and Accountable
These values shape and guide how we behave. The generosity, care and compassion of our staff and students are reflected in our support for many charities as well as in the work we do within our local communities.