Technical Skills Coach - London
Immediate vacancy for a full-time Technical Skills Coach to work with our higher-level apprentices and help them secure life changing roles in the tech sector.
Location: There is some flexibility around the base and hours of work for this role and it can, at the current time, be carried out in a predominantly remote way. However, there is an expectation in the coming months that the appointed candidate spend the majority of their time each week at our London site and conduct meetings with our industry partners typically in their offices.
Responsible for: being an effective supporting and coaching a caseload of apprentices
Closing date for applications: 28 June 2021 at 11.00
However, we will review applications as they are submitted and reserve the right to remove the advert should an excellent candidate be identified before this date so early applications are recommended
Welcome to Ada!
We are a specialist digital skills college training and developing diverse higher-level apprentices into fantastic roles in the tech sector and transforming their lives in the process. We work with over 30 of the most cutting-edge companies on the planet. They choose us because of the quality of our teaching, learning and support.
We are growing rapidly. We have nearly 250 apprentices on roll from a wide range of backgrounds: 75% are recent school leavers, though the oldest is 42. Our social mission is to increase the proportion of women and students from disadvantaged or ethnic minority backgrounds moving into flourishing careers in the tech sector. They represent over 15 different nationalities. They are united by their passion and enthusiasm for tech!
Apprentices enroll on one of three degree apprenticeships: software development, data analytics or a more generalist tech consultant programme all of which are validated by the Open University. All of our apprenticeship training is currently delivered from our Whitechapel campus, just minutes from the tube and train station.
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic professionals who are keen to take on a new challenge and demonstrate their skills at teaching, sharing their expertise across a range of tech related topics with the next generation of digital pioneers. We will invest in your development so that you can develop your skills and change the lives of thousands of young people with a passion for tech desperate to break into the sector.
At Ada we are committed to ensuring our apprentices and their employers are supported throughout their apprenticeship to the highest standards. To achieve this, we are looking for fantastic skills coaches with technical knowledge to manage a case-load of apprentices, providing guidance and support ensuring successful completion of their apprenticeship and progression into full time roles.
Within the role, coaches will maintain regular contact with apprentices & their employers providing continuous guidance throughout the apprenticeship, ensuring the students stay on track and are ready for their End Point Assessment.
Coaches will typically have a case-load of apprentices and will be expected to travel across our employers, organising and running progress reviews with apprentices & employer. This is a unique opportunity to work with a wide range of employers and apprentices, understanding their strengths and areas for development and helping them develop their skills and work effectively within their organisations and teams.
- Assessing and supporting apprentices through their apprenticeship programme
- Carrying out reviews either in person or on the phone with apprentices and line managers to monitor progress against key milestones
- Work with students to create and monitor their individual learning plans
- Providing personal and professional support to apprentices and employers
- Ensuring monthly performance updates on learners are provided to Ada
- Providing rigorous feedback on work-based learning evidence
- Managing & tracking of progression of all key programme elements
- Assessing whether apprentices are ready to enter gateway and support them to prepare for their end point assessment
- Ensuring all apprentice records are maintained and compliant to ESFA regulations
- Advising students on their work-based project (Level 5) and Synoptic Project (Level 6)
The person will:
- have experience in either Software Development or Software Engineering
- have experience tracking apprentices through the EPA process and with liaising with the relevant regulatory bodies
- have excellent communications skills and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- ideally have experience monitoring and reporting on individuals progress or in coaching learners/apprentices in their career development
- be willing to support with internal verification
- be able to effectively use systems, including e-portfolio tracking system, to record and track outcomes
- have a professional working ethos to effectively build business relationships with employers
- have an interest in technology and the digital industry
- be organised and have strong time management skills
- be adaptable and patient, able to manage many priorities at once and resolve concerns with empathy and compassion.
Thank you for your interest in the role and good luck with your application!
Please apply via the link