Nursery Practitioner - Term Time
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College – is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a Nursery Practitioner (Term Time: 37 hours x 36 weeks*) – Fixed term up to 12 months (Maternity cover)
Requirements for the role:
• To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children aged 3 months to 4 years.
• Working alongside the nursery management team to provide good quality childcare in line with Ofsted, statutory framework for the early years foundation stage.
• Liaising with parents and cares to ensure effective partnerships, which support the development of all children within the care of the nursery.
Responsibilities for the role:
• To be fully up to date with the requirements of the “Early Years Foundation stage” and ensure that your practice meets the needs and aims to exceed the requirements.
• To assist in providing a safe, supportive and caring environment for young children to learn and development in all areas of learning.
• To have a sound knowledge of nursery policies and procedures, and ensure they adhered too and put into practice.
• Promote high standards of health, safety and welfare, including safeguarding of staff and children, meeting legal and regulatory requirements and college standards.
The Location: The College is based in Leicestershire. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
• We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• We also offer staff development opportunities
• Family friendly policies and procedures
If the weeks worked in the first year of employment is less than 36 weeks – then the salary will be adjusted accordingly.
What we do
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College (NWSLC) is a large Further Education college offering a wide range of full-time, part-time, Higher Education and Apprenticeship programmes over six campuses based within Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
The College also works with over 600 businesses across a wide range of sectors – working with organisations to determine their ‘training needs analysis’. We then design a programme to match your (the employer’s) requirements.
At the heart of our college community sits a set of values:
- Respect and Nurture
- Inspire and Aspire
- Be Agile and Responsive
- Be Honest and Accountable
These values shape and guide how we behave. The generosity, care and compassion of our staff and students are reflected in our support for many charities as well as in the work we do within our local communities.